Thursday, November 19, 2009

Love ya MOM.....!!!!

Mums are the most understanding people you'll find on this planet. They seem to have a sixth sense that gives them an insight into our minds. I very honestly feel that the proverbial "umbilical cord" is never ever severed on their side, even if we become oblivious to it. It can never be. So, I dedicate this post to the woman who is the source of all my strength-my MOM. You are my first love MOM!! I love you more than any other thing or anyone else in this world and will be loving you all my life. I am whatever I am because of you!

When tears are frozen in my lonely eyes,
You may not know why, but you know there are-
Feelings buried deep inside;
My dreams, daydreams and nightmares.
When I go numb and close my eyes
To reality,
You're always there-
When all those spineless "pillars of support"
Themselves turn fragile
showing helplessness in standing by my side,
You are the only one who remains firm
And tells me - "Go on child!
Your trust is priceless.
Don't place it with those
Who leave you
Alone and helpless."

When I've shed tears
You were the only one who cried.
When I had fears,
You taught me to take things in my stride
And move on.
I moved ahead.
Made "friends".
Had good times.
And soon I realised
That friends can be of help
only in good times.
They cannot read my mind-
And say it makes them weak.
They know not how I've cried
hiding my sobs in the most ubiquitous things.

You taught me -
To depend on things that truly last;
To hold on to my dreams even in the worst of times;
To listen to my conscience when the world crashes down;
That the values that diligence teaches is priceless in that it makes me stronger than most in many ways.
You made me realize
The importance of free thoughts-
And that only an unfettered mind
Can fly high above the clouds
And yet with feet firmly on ground.
I love you Mom!

2 comments:

  1. One of the most touching blogs amongst all... A brilliant poem from shreya di... Mom is perhaps the first word that a child learns... She is the first face that a child recognises... Imagine the world without mothers???? impossible.... No matter who you are... what do u do... whether u r a success or a failure... make sure that your mother is there by your side foreva...Everyone needs to accept the fact dat mothers are god personified on dis planet.. love and respect them.. all she needs is ur happiness... nothing else

    ReplyDelete
  2. SPEECHLESS!!!
    Nice bolg in short!
    and yeah mujhe bhi ghar ki yaad aa gayi..ab phone karna padega baat karne ke liye :P

    ReplyDelete