Thursday, November 12, 2009

Wake Me Up At Dawn...

I sleep so deep
That I miss the daybreak.
By the time I wake up-
the sun is scorching
And I feel as if
My life is up in flames..

I refuse to get up,
Hold tightly my pillow,
Turn away the timepiece
And defiantly tell the sunrays-
"STOP ransacking my room."

Let me try to dream my share of dreams-
I know not why I cant..
Until now I've lived at others' pace
But now I am on my own.

Free to dream, and daydream
I know some dreams do come true.
Why is it that you wake me up
Always with your scorching heat
Taking away my cool breeze?

WHY is it that you let me sleep
When your tenderness shows
In the pearls scattered
On the blades of grass?

Why don't you wake me up
when YOU wake up,
when you play in the cloudy cushions
which don't get burnt with heat...

...when reality is more wonderful than dreams.
When the world is new,
The air smells sweet
And flowers bloom...

When daylight is bearable
And one does not want night to come to rescue;
When I am not blinded
by your brightness as I rub my eyes open?

Is it the price I am paying
for staying up at nights,
for keeping my eyes wide open
Even as they burn with the yoke of an
Impending sleep?

Wake me up at dawn,
And not when it is already a day...

3 comments:

  1. WOW!!!
    This was really really nice..If something can give voice to our feelings then very precisely..THIS IS IT!!!
    Very truly, this is what our heart feels and what our deep buried emotions speak..something that's austerely genuine & boldly true!!
    Looking forward to more of such heart quenching blogs dear...U R indeed AWESOME at all your performances...Keep DAZZLING as YOU are..i bet U'll make even d stars that r up there in d sky rub their eyes!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I open my eyes and welcome the dawn!!!
    Sun`s rays peep through my window!!
    Tickling and making me feel elated!!
    Zephyr kisses my cheeks and pushes me further!!!
    Still I Feel lazy and wish to sleep more!!
    A Day waits for me!!
    Many Things to be accomplished and done!!
    Unfinished errands and battles to be won!!
    Time keep on flowing.. It would never stop!!
    Wake Up Sid(Read Ramish)... Lets Win The World!!

    PS: Am Sorry for the awful poetry but only these lines came to my mind after reading your poem..
    Love- Ramish

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Ramish....thanks a lot for your unbiased and truthful comments...I daresay your poetry is far better and much more positive than my
    :)

    ReplyDelete